Caddington Village School is federated with Slip End Village School with a single Governing Body.
Sue Teague is the Executive Headteacher with responsibility for leadership and management at both schools.
Helen Brind is Head of School at Slip End and Laura Jackson was appointed as Acting Head of School at Caddington in September 2018 to cover for maternity leave; they are responsible for the day to day running of each school and are Associate Governors.
Powers and Duties of the Governing Body
Parliament has given a range of duties and powers to Governing Bodies under the Education Acts including all of the following:
- conducting the school with a view to promoting high standards of educational achievement;
- setting appropriate targets for pupil achievement;
- taking general responsibility for the conduct of the school - in practice this should include how in broad strategic terms it should be run;
- managing the school’s budget; including determining the staff complement and making decisions on staff pay in accordance with the School Teachers Pay and Conditions Document;
- making sure that the curriculum for the school is balanced and broadly based and in particular that the National Curriculum and religious education are taught, and reporting on National Curriculum assessments and examination results;
- determining the staff complement and a pay policy for the school;
- participating in the appointment of the head and deputy head teacher and other staff and regulating staff conduct and discipline;
- establishing, following consultation with all staff, and reviewing annually a performance management policy for staff appraisal; and
- drawing up an action plan after an inspection.
The Functioning of the Governing Body
Our Governing Body consists of volunteers who represent the parents, staff, community and local authority, see below.
We work in partnership with the Head Teacher to set the vision for the school. We support, challenge and hold to account the Head Teacher and the School Leadership Team to improving children's outcomes and raising standards. In addition we review the financial performance of the school ensuring money is well spent.
In supporting the school we are linked to key areas, which include safeguarding, standards, finance, Pupil Premium, Special Education Needs as well as supporting the School Development Priorities for the year. In addition we have Pay, Discipline and Grievance, Pupil Exclusion, Appeals and Head Teacher Appraisal committees that we serve on.
Mrs Sue Teague - Executive Headteacher
Mrs Helen Houldcroft - Chair
Phillipa Scott - Parent Governor
Miss. Nita Devshi - Co-opted Governor
Mr Adam Burgess - Staff Governor
Vacancy - Parent Governor
Vacancy - Co-opted Governor